Earth Day is a day to celebrate our planet and all it does for us! There are many different ways to celebrate, but here are 10 Earth Day Activities ideas to get you started.
1. Plant a garden
What better way to show your love for the earth than by growing something yourself? Help your kids plant a few flowers or vegetables in pots or in the ground, and watch them grow over the course of the year.
2. Take your kids on a nature walk
Head to a nearby park or nature preserve and explore the world around you! See how many different types of plants and animals your kids can find, and teach them about the importance of taking care of our earth.
3. Make a bird feederMake your own bird feeder with some recycled materials and help your kids learn about the different types of birds that live near you. You can even hang it up in your yard and watch the birds visit all year long!
4. Clean up your neighborhoodGet the whole family involved in a community clean-up day! Pick up trash in your neighborhood or local park, and help make the earth a little bit cleaner.
5. Watch Fun educational videos online.
There are tons of great earth day-themed videos out there that can teach your kids about taking care of the earth. Watch a few together and then discuss what they’ve learned.
6. Teach kids to recycleOne of the most important things we can do for the earth is recycle. Show your kids how to sort recyclable materials and where to put them, and explain why recycling is so important.
7. Learn how to compost
Composting is a great way to reduce waste and help your garden grow! Teach your kids how to compost, and let them help you add food scraps and other organic materials to your compost bin.
8. Upcycle plastic and metal bottles
Instead of throwing away those old plastic and metal bottles, upcycle them into something new! There are tons of fun crafts you can make with recycling materials. Your kids will love getting creative and making earth-friendly art.
9. Make tasty dirt cup treats
What kid doesn’t love dirt cups? Make these tasty treats with chocolate pudding, Oreos, and gummy worms. Not only are they delicious, but they’re also a great way to teach kids about earthworms and how important they are for our planet.
And finally, don't forget to have fun!
10. Download our Free Earth Day Coloring and activity book
The book is full of fun earth day themed coloring pages and activities, such as puzzles, mazes, and word searches. Best of all, it's completely free to download. So why not print out a copy for each of your kids and get started on some earth day fun!
How to Print and Assemble your coloring book
Download the PDF file
Start by printing the front cover of your book on cardstock or photo paper.
Next, print out the inside pages on white copy paper.
Make sure to select "double-sided printing" in your print settings.
To do this, you'll need to use a printer that supports double-sided printing. (Most newer printers do.)
-Fold each page and half
-Then staple the pages together and start coloring!
These also make great gifts for friends and family, too.
Extra Materials needed
We hope you and your family enjoy this activity book and get out there and start celebrating our wonderful planet!
SHARE THIS FREEBIE WITH OTHERS WITH THIS IMAGE