Looking for a fun way to keep the kids occupied during holiday gatherings? When it comes to keeping kids entertained during mealtimes, coloring placemats are a fun and easy option. Plus, they’re an inexpensive way to make mealtimes a little more fun.
In the video down below, we will show you how to create your own printable activity placemats using canva.com. Not only will this placemat keep the kiddos occupied during dinner, but it'll also make for a beautiful addition to your holiday table setting!
What You'll Need:
- An account with Canva.com (it's free!)
- copy paper or white cardstock
- Crayons, markers, or colored pencils
In this video tutorial, I will show you how to recreate my coloring Thanksgiving activity placemat that I designed on canva. This includes a larger size 11x17 inches and the smaller standard size 8.5x11 option.
1. First, you'll need to log in to your Canva account or create a new Canva account. If you don’t have one, sign up for a free account Here and Try Canva Pro Free for 30 Days.
2. Once you're logged in, click on the "Create a design" button in the top-left corner of the screen and then selected the "Custom size" button.
3. Enter the dimensions for your activity placemat. We recommend using a standard piece of printer paper 11" x 8.5" However the standard placemat size is usually 11" x 17".
If your printer can't print in a wide format, then you probably won't be able to print this size. However, two standard 8.5" x 11" copy papers is the equivalent of "11 x 17". I'll show you how to make it by combining two pages to make an "11 x 17". size placemat.
How to Make Coloring Activity Placemats with Canva